Tri-Co DH Fellows: Summer 2013

Posted June 20th, 2013 at 4:53 pm.

This summer, we're excited to be sponsoring nine Tri-Co DH Fellows. Some are interning with local Tri-Co projects such as the Early Novels Database (END) and the Du Chemin Database, and others are off at companies like The Learning Games Network and Azavea.

But before we sent them off to tackle big questions, challenge their ideas about media change and further their skills, we had a Tri-Co DH retreat.

This year's retreat focused on: project management, resource management, intellectual property and copyright, and personal branding. We were excited to welcome Laurie Allen, Digital Scholarship Coordinator, Lionel Anderson, Assistant Director at the OAR, and Anna Dampf, Post-Award Grants Associate to present on these various topics. Also, we were joined by Bryn Mawr's Katharine Houghton Hepburn Fellows.

Our goal was to provide an overview of best practices, while focusing on key questions of engagement for the Tri-Co DH Fellows over their summer: What do I need to account for when planning project? How do I navigate IP for the knowledge I will be producing? What are the best ways for seeking out mentorship?

The Tri-Co DH fellows will be recapping their experiences here at the Tri-Co DH blog, so check back soon to see how these and other questions are shaping their work.

Filed under: Fellows,News,TriCoDH Fellows by jenrajchel

One Response to “Tri-Co DH Fellows: Summer 2013”

1. adventure promenade Says:

This is really fascinating, You're an overly skilled blogger.
    I've joined your feed and sit up for in search of more of your wonderful post.
    Also, I've shared your site in my social networks